Students develop practical experience in basic diagnostic and troubleshooting skills while becoming proficient in repair and maintenance of a car’s mechanical and electrical systems. Students may be required to purchase a tool kit to be used during the course and upon entry into the job market. Completers are now working as technicians at car dealerships, service centers and automotive specialty shops.
3D Lab Room and Course
- Responsible team player
- Mechanical aptitude
- Written and verbal communication
- Ability to follow multi-part directions and complete complicated tasks
- Patience to follow through on assignments
- High tech problem-solver
- Cooperative attitude
- Disciplined self-starter
- Good manual dexterity
- Positive work ethic
- Automotive service technicians at car dealerships, service centers and automotive specialty shops
- Tune-up technician
- Electrical systems technician
- Front-end technician
- Brake specialist
- Field service technician
- ASE Entry Level Certification
- Excellent attendance record
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Level I: Ground Transportation – first semester; Automotive Engine Performance – second semester
- Level II: Automotive Braking, Suspension and Steering Systems – first semester; Ground Transportation Electrical Electronics – second semester
- Experience working with automobiles
- Knowledge of computer software and keyboarding skills
- College credits available
- Associate’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree
GRADE LEVEL: 10, 11, 12
LENGTH: Two years
SCHOOL: Cuyahoga Falls, Hudson
- Level I: English 1; Automotive 3.
- Level II: Automotive 3.
- Level I: Science 1; Automotive 2.
- Level II: Math 1; Automotive 2.
- Level I: 6 hours
- Level II: 8 hours
Potentially, students can earn 14 hours towards an Automotive Technology Associate of Applied Science degree at Stark State College.
Complete the form below then click Send and we will contact you.