Do you want to create your own destiny? Turn your own idea into a successful reality? Learn in a way that will help you make a difference? Grow your self-esteem? Impact meaningful change? Think more creatively? Build integrity and influence? Solve problems? Learn to communicate more clearly and collaborate with others? Work in the community, along side real entrepreneurs?
Then check out the EntrepreNEW Academy. EntrepreNew is an innovative and immersive Career-Technical Education program for students, who are interested in learning about creating their own businesses. Developed by the Woodridge Local School District in partnership with the City of Cuyahoga Falls, the Burton D. Morgan Foundation and the Six District Educational Compact, the program will engage students to explore options to take ideas and turn them into successful reality!
3D Lab Room and Course
- Design thinking
- Product and service development
- Diversity in entrepreneurship
- Inspiring entrepreneurs
- Gig economy
- Entrepreneurship in the larger economy
- Professional skills
- Personal skill assessment and development
- Work directly with a mentor from the business community
- Gain access and build relationships with entrepreneurs, city officials and professional support services after on-site visits and guest presentations
- Meet in various locations to experience the daily work of entrepreneurs and collaborate with businesses
- Use technology to synthesize and share business experiences
Entrepreneurial skills will be in demand as the workforce continues to change. Students can transfer the skills mastered in the EntrepreNEW Academy into any profession and will be fully prepared to launch their own business.
- Ability to think creatively
- A strong interest in starting a business or learning how to take an idea and create a business around it
- Flexibility in how to learn
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Personal motivation and willingness to learn in a highly flexible environment
Articulation agreements are currently being created with the NEOLaunchNet colleges, as well as other colleges and universities.
GRADE LEVEL: 10, 11, 12
LENGTH: Two years
- Level I: Business Foundations, 1; Marketing Principles, 2; English, .50, .50.
- Level II: Strategic Entrepreneurship, 1: Finance Foundations, 1: Marketing Capstone, 1; English, 1; (5.0 grading scale)
5.0=credit weighted on a 4.0 scale
Complete the form below then click Send and we will contact you.