Students in the Biotechnology Academy learn about biology on the molecular level by exploring various topics, including organic chemistry, biological chemistry and biotechnology. Students will prepare for real world lab science careers, including clinical and microbiology lab technicians, as well as be prepared for a career in the medical field. Level I students complete a detailed anatomy and physiology course, and Level II students will complete projects in bioinformatics, an emerging and multidisciplinary field. Level II also incorporates a required Capstone Project.
3D Lab Room and Course
- Work well both independently and within groups
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Creative and conceptual thinker
- Analytical skills
- Technology adept
- Detail oriented
- Technical tools
- Laboratory skills
- DNA applications
- Algebra 1
- CP English
- Average 95% attendance for three previous semesters
- Average G.P.A. of 2.8 for Algebra 1, English and science for three previous semesters
- Chemistry (concurrently or previously)
- College credits available
- Associate’s degree in medical lab science, Biotechnology and others
- Bachelor’s degree in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Pre-Med and others
GRADE LEVEL: 10, 11, 12
LENGTH: Two years
SCHOOL: Woodridge High School
- Level I: Honors English, 1; Honors Anatomy and Physiology, 1; Biochemistry of Health, 1; Biotechnology for Health and Disease, 1.
- Level II: Honors English, 1; Genetics of Disease, 1; Biotechnology for Health and Disease II, 1; Bioinformatics, 1; Capstone Project, 1.
Complete the form below then click Send and we will contact you.