Become a high-tech problem solver in this two-year program where students prepare for work as technicians at car dealerships, service centers and automotive specialty shops. Learners learn and develop the necessary skills through theory instruction and practical hands-on experiences. Area business partnerships enhance the students’ experience by providing knowledge and insight of the industry and future job opportunities. Students have the opportunity to earn 14 credit hours towards an Automotive Technology Associate of Applied Science at Stark State College.
Click Here to Read Our Automotive Technologies Newsletter
3D Lab Room and Course
- Responsible team player
- Mechanical aptitude
- Written and verbal communication
- Ability to follow multi-part directions and complete complicated tasks
- Patience to follow through on assignments
- High tech problem-solver
- Cooperative attitude
- Disciplined self-starter
- Good manual dexterity
- Positive work ethic
- Automotive service technicians at car dealerships, service centers and automotive specialty shops
- Tune-up technician
- Electrical systems technician
- Front-end technician
- Brake specialist
- Field service technician
- ASE Entry Level Certification
- Excellent attendance record
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Experience working with automobiles
- Knowledge of computer software and keyboarding skills
- Basic diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency in repair and maintenance of a car’s mechanical and electrical systems
- Professional communication
- Customer service
- College credits available
- Associate’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree
LENGTH: Two years
SCHOOL: Cuyahoga Falls, Hudson
- Level I: English 1; Transportation Maintenance 1; Engine Performance 1.
- Level II: Braking, Suspension, Steering 1; Electrical/Electronics 1.
- Level I: Science 1; Transportation Maintenance 1; Engine Performance 1.
- Level II: Math 1; Braking, Suspension, Steering 1; Electrical/Electronics 1.
Complete the form below then click Send and we will contact you.